Trans-BBBarriers: a research project financed by the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung.
The aim of the project is the development of a dynamic perfusion Blood Brain Barrier model to evaluate preclinical substances in comparison to the existing BBB models. The transferability of the Model to other cell systems (e.g. intestinal) will be evaluated. Furthermore, a model to investigate the effect of the nanoparticle on the Blood Brain Barrier will be developed and tested.
Across Barriers GmbH will perform the following works:
- Establishment of a Blood Brain Barrier cell culture in the trans-BBBarrier chip
- Listing of standard operating procedures to perform biochemical analytics in trans-BBBarrier chip
- Comparison of the trans-BBBarrier chips with the usual Transwell Model
- Adaptation of the model to further cell types
- Development of a model for analyzing nanoparticle in trans-BBBarrier chip
Beginning: 01.05.2013 Duration: 3 years
- microfluidic ChipShop
- CAN – Uni Heidelberg