On the 18th of December 2014 the trainees from the Across Barriers GmbH met at the local Wildlife Park to support them.
The Wildlife Park (Wildpark) Saarbrücken was founded in 1929 to nurture local wildlife and those that made the area their home.
The Trainees got an initial instruction about the workings of the Wildlife Park upon their arrival by the responsible ranger (Förster) Mr.Raphael Greif. He explained also that the park relies on the animal food donations of local business. After the introduction the trainees were separated into groups and helped the local staff with their daily duties in caring for the animals. Among the duties performed were the cleaning of the goat, pony and donkey enclosures as well as the feeding of wild boar and wildcats.
The trainees also adopted two park animals a snow owl and a mouflon for one year, in the name of the Across Barriers GmbH. They accomplished this by collecting donations among the staff and now secured the feeding and maintenance of the animal’s habitats.
Mrs. Eleonore Haltner (Managing Director) and Mr. Manuel Sacha (Head of Business Development and Sales) took the opportunity to surprise the trainees and staff by bringing them hot beverages and sandwiches on a cold day.
This was a well-chosen project by the trainees as animal welfare and rights are very important to the Across Barriers GmbH. It is focused on developing in-vitro methods to replace animal testing in the pharma and cosmetic industry and now very proud to support the local wildlife park.
- The ZIM-Network “NanoPharm” announces its first received grant for a project
- cc-NanoBioNet is one of the best networking clusters in Europe’s – The „Silver Label“ for the first time in the Saarland
- Welcome to Across Barriers– Image movie
- The Across Barriers Trainee project 2014 at the Wildlife Park (Wildpark) in Saarbrücken
- Across Barriers took part at the PharmaForum with a stand and presentation